Monday 21 May 2007

Some WIPS!

Yes at last I'm here with some WIP piccies. My rotation piece for last week was Chatelaine Summer Afternoon, although I didn't actually get that much done due to getting addicted to Jessica's Animal Crossing game on her Nintendo DS! Having said that by last night I'd actually had enough of Summer Afternoon! It's a lovely piece but I'm onto a part with cross stitch over one, over two and half stitches which is all well and good if the chart is nice and clear. This is the only thing I have against Chatelaine charts. So, without further ado here are a couple of WIP pics.
This is the whole piece so far. Not very clear I'm afraid.
This is the part that I've been stitching on. I have decided to leave out the butterfly for now until I decide whether I like it or not!

So because I was fed-up of stitching this I should really gone on to HAED Summer ACEO last night but I decided to leave that until tonight and picked up Papillon Creations Simple Little Quaker instead. I really enjoyed getting back to this again and managed to get quite a bit stitched in just a few hours. I think the threads match perfectly so that is a relief. I'd have hated to have scrapped this when I'd got such a lot done.

I might just get this finished when I get it out again:)

It feels as though I haven't had a finish for ages so I might have to add some smaller stuff to my rotation when I've finished one of the bigger pieces. I don't want to add anything to it at the end just yet as it's long enough already really.

I have been feeling quite down for a few days. I think it's just something that I'm going to have to put with the same as I have over the past few years. Anyway I've had some good news today. I rang the surgery on Friday for the results of my bone density scan but the receptionist said the doctor hadn't marked it as normal or anything, he'd just signed it, so she suggested I make an appointment to go in and see him, which I have this morning. Thankfully there is no sign of osteporosis. The reading ( or whatever it is!) on my spine is above average although the one on my femur is a little below but he says that is way off showing signs of osteoporosis so I am very happy about that. He just suggested keeping up a good calcium intake, having a good diet and exercise. I admitted that I don't get enough exercise and he said that walking is excellant. I do walk quite a lot but I do feel that I need to do more. I need to lose weight too, not a lot, but a stone wouldn't be a bad thing. While I was there I asked him about the iron tablets and if it would be OK to just take one a day as I'm concerned that I could become anaemic again if I keep having heavy periods. He said that was fine although I needed to be careful being so close to menopause that I don't overdo it, so I guess if my periods become further apart I will need to stop taking them.

Thank you to those of you who have wished Jess good luck in her exams. She *thinks* she has done OK in the three she has done so far but time will tell when the results come through on 23rd August! She did some revising on Sam Learning yesterday ready for her English Literature tomorrow and went through her books etc.

Heather I looked up on the school website about Citizenship and this is what it says:

Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education (P.S.H.C.E.) is undertaken by everyone in the school.
Different subjects are covered each term by your tutor on a Tuesday, period 3. Sometimes there are visiting speakers and presentations given by, for example Viking FM.
It is an important subject as it is all about learning to be a good citizen in our society whilst at school and beyond.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week. Not sure what I'm going to do this afternoon. I might stitch for a while!


17 comments:

Nicola said...

Both pieces are coming on well Sally. I've just started on my first Papillon design, Floralie. They are a lovely easy stitch aren't they?

Anonymous said...

Lovely progress on both WIPs Sally! I've started Simple Little Quaker and it's stitching up really fast. Glad you got matching threads to finish it.

Paula said...

Sally great news from the docs, bet you were over the moon.
Lovely WIP's too Sally, well done with them.
Huggles to you and Happy Stitching.....

Julie said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling down. You just want a day when you feel normal, don't you? I know exactly what you mean. The exam season affects everyone too doesn't it? Him-In-Door's youngest is sitting hers too. Mood swings??!! Oh my god!!! She's sometimes seems to regress to a six year old - but not so cute LOL. Feel better Sally. Lots of love, Jules x

Julie said...

Great news from the GP

Summer Aft is looking fab, and so is Quaker, love the red you're using in this one, very pretty

You're addicted to Animal Crossing! wonder who enabled you on to that then LOL

Sue said...

Finish? You mean we're supposed to finish things? I'm like you, everything I work on is large and I rarely have a finish. Both of the WIP's you've shown are beautiful, keep going girl ;)

Michele said...

great news from your dr! love seeing the progress on both wips .. and I'm soo glad the thread is matching for you on Simply .. I just love that design!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so blue. :(

Fantastic news from the doc - I'm sure that's a load off your shoulders!

Both WIP's look great. The Quaker is coming along very quickly!

tintocktap said...

Wow - your Chatelaine piece is gorgeous!

Juls said...

Both pieces are lovely but esp Simple Little Quaker! Love the color! Hope you feel better soon... but great news about the bone density! Sending good thoughts your way! ((((((Hugs))))))))

Carol said...

Sorry to hear you've been a little down Sally...wonderful news from the doctor though!

Great progress pics on 'Summer Afternoon' and 'Simple Little Quaker'. :o)

Carol said...

Oh Sally! I had not realized how pretty Summer Afternoon is until I just peeked at yours!! Nice!!!!! I sure hope you feel better soon :-) {{hugs}}

Kajsa said...

You are doing great on both your projects! Isn't it frustrating with those confetti stitches?

I hope you feel better soon!

Tracy Dixon said...

Your Chatelaine looks stunning, glad to hear you got sorted with your threads for Simple Little Quaker I would have been heart broken for you if you had to pull it out, I've just ordered Eygpt Garden from Chatelaine

Hazel said...

Wow you have been busy Sally. You have gotten loads done! Love the thread on the SLQ. xx

stitcherw said...

Glad you got good news from your doctor, and I hope you are feeling more yourself soon. Simple Little Quaker is looking so pretty, I'm glad that the threads were an exact match.
Sue

Deb said...

Chatelaine Summer is just wonderful, Sally! I hope your health issues are soon past you...I'm not keen on walking either, but I try to keep active with that and swimming when I can. Your stitching choices are so phenomenal. Love your work.
Deb