Wednesday 14 March 2007

Stash Shopping

Yes you read that title right I have been stash shopping! The reason behind this is my Dad had a lottery win at the weekend but you before you get excited it was £10! Lol! Anyway I picked up his winnings today, got his lottery for tonight and Saturday then paid his papers. After that I went to his house to see if he'd found the pot we use on my Mum's grave as I was taking some flowers for Mother's Day. While I was there he was going to give me the money for his lottery and papers so I said I'd used his winnings so didn't need it. He said he was giving me his winnings anyway so I could get some cross stitch stuff! So rather than stitching on LHN Chocolate Shoppe this afternoon I have been searching for fabric and thread to stitch this which is what I decided to buy. I saw this last night while looking on the Papillon Creations site and fell in love with it. So I have chosen Wichelt 28 count Fairy Dust to stitch it on so that is my £10 spent on fabby and chart. I decided that I fancied stitching it in reds so I chose a Vicki Clayton silk called Dragon Blood and have ordered three of those, which is what I'll need for the chart, plus a couple of others I fancied. I had pennies in Pay Pal to cover that. So I think that's it for me for stash for a bit now. LOL! I am not going to show my Dad I have bought but will wait until I have it stitched.


I had a bit of nice stitchy post today which was a complete surprise. Karen, unbeknown to me, had granted my wish on the SMO board for a VC silk to try. It's a lovely variegated colour called 1980 and it's gorgeous. I've been dowloading some complimentary charts to stitch with it:) Thank you so much Karen {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}


I finally went to the doctors yesterday. I saw a lady doctor I had never seen before and she was quite pleasant but I got the impression that she was wondering why I had gone! Lol! Anyway she thinks I am probably too young to be menopausal, for all I've been sterlised for the past nearly 12 years, was insisant I take a sample in for a pregnancy test, and wants me back for a blood test to check my whatever it is levels they check ( is is FSH) plus check my thyroid. So I go for that next Monday then will have to wait for the results and go back and see her. These past few mornings until about midday I have felt crap and would quite happily have gone and sat in a corner! Anyway I have now started, typical when I've been to the doctor!


Tomorrow I'm having my hair restyled and I can't wait. I am still not 100% sure how I want it doing but have pics to show my hairdresser and see what she thinks. Definitely having it shorter and I'd like to have more layers to give it some life hopefully. I promise to put a piccie up so that you can all see what it's like.


Better go and get some tea on the go as DH will be in from work soon. The girls are already home and Abi is proudly wearing her bronze award that she was given in assembly at school today:)

7 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Sally ooohhh what a gorgeous chart and fabbie...awww wasn't that so nice of your dad to give you his winnings......
So glad you went to docs, I'll be waiting to hear your results....and thinking of you.
Huggles and Happy Stithcing...

Nicola said...

Enjoy your new stash Sally.It was lovely of your Dad to donate his winnings to such a worthy cause. LOL I'm afraid I was AWOL from the SAL today, just didn't feel like stitching. In fact I haven't stitched for a week, must do something about that! LOL

Michele said...

Sally, the design is wonderful and I love the fabric and floss you picked for it .. your dad is a really sweetie to give you his winnings like that :) Hope all goes well with the new hairdo! and with the test results!

Anita said...

Congrats on your dad lotto winning..:) I think the story is very cute and you have made some great picks on your new stash.

Julie said...

nice chart/fabby/thread, what a nice dad you have to spoil you

hope your results come back OK next week

looking forward to seeing a pic of the new hairdo !!

Hazel said...

Oooohhhh nice design you've picked there Sal. Nice choice of threads too I must add. I really want to get some more stash but I am refraining till I finish something lol!!

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

How lovely of your Dad to contribute to *the cause*... ;-) And what lovely stash you picked out! I can't wait to follow your progress... The Fairy Dust fabby will be perfect for that design and I love the thread colour you chose!

So glad to hear you went to the Doc and I'll be waiting to hear the results... sending you lots of love and hugs, Hun... :-)