Tuesday 13 February 2007

WIP Updates

I thought it was time I posted some piccies of my WIPs. With it being half term we've been busy so I haven't had chance but thought I'd make time now!

So here's my progress on Chatelaine Summer Afternoon. It's stitched on 28 count antique white evenweave using DMC, Caron Waterlilies, Rainbow Gallery Petite Braid and Mill Hill beads. This is pages 1 and 2 and I just love it! It is so incredibly pretty. I was going to carry on with it this week but seen as I'd got two pages done I decided to leave it until next time I my rotation.

This week it's the turn of HAED Summer ACEO but I didn't stitch last night as I had a headache. Damned things are plaguing me again and I'm hoping they go soon. I am having my eyes tested as I figured it might not be a bad idea. I only had them tested last July but it will nearly 3 years since I needed a new prescription. Unfortunately I can't get an appointment until 24th Feb.

I started Heirloom Embroideries Peachy Biscornu on Saturday. I thought I'd got the front finished on Sunday afternoon then realised I hadn't backstitched the green! LOL! So I made a start then I decided I had to put my stitching down as I couldn't concentrate on it while watching The Day After Tomorrow! It was rather gripping. Anyway this beautiful piece is just gorgeous to stitch and I can't wait to get the back done then stitch it up!

I am still doing OK on the wagon but it's getting harder as I see more stuff I like. I'm sort of wishing we'd said until 1st March and I'd be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel but never mind! February is a short month so there won't be too much longer to go after that! LOL!

15 comments:

Julie said...

Summer Afternoon is gorgeous Sally, i might just have to cave in and try a Chatelaine LOL

LOL the 'peachy' i knew you'd love it to bits

sorry to hear you have headaches again
{hugs}

Karen said...

Chatelaine Summer Afternoon is beautiful .
I hope the headaches go soon

Anonymous said...

I've been so bad about keeping up with everyone's blogs ... thank you for posting on mine!
Your stitching is beautiful, as always. I hope the headaches are clearing up. Those are never fun!

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Oh, Sally Chatelaine Summer Afternoon is stunning... can't wait to see your finish! Peachy Biscornu is lovely as well... I really must try making one of those!

Sorry, you are still having headaches... sending you lots soothing thoughts...

Good luck staying on the wagon... With all the new Nashville Market releases, I don't see how you can stand it! lol

Hugs... :-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely WIP pics!

Keep going with the stash wagon it will be 1st April before you know it!

Paula said...

Hi Sally, WOW you have been busy stitching....your WIP's are just gorgeous.
OH NO sorry to hear about your headaches hope they clear up soon. Maybe if you have your prescription changed in your glasses it might help. Fingers crossed.
Sally you are doing so well on the stash wagon, stick with it you've only 45 days to go....
Huggles and Happy Stitching....

cathymk said...

Summer afternoon is just gorgeous Sally!! Lovely stitching.

Unknown said...

Wow and Wow.

Sorry to hear about your headaches Sally, hope they go away soon.

I didn't realise it was half term with you, I thought yours was the same time as us, which is next week. They have an inset day on Friday.

Cindy said...

Your WIPS are beautiful!

Hope you are feeling better...new glasses may fix that :)

Stitcher said...

You can stay on the wagon. I heard you had enough stitching to keep you going another few weeks.

Hugs

Michelle said...

Great progress on both pieces! I love Summer Afternoon! Hope your headaches get better, they are no fun. I'll be having my eyes checked soon too, for the same reason.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sally,

Both pieces look great!I wouldn't mind trying my hand at a Bicornu, but it would probably end up looking nothing like it was supposed to. Lol.

Hope your headaches ease off soon.

Rebecca x

Mary Ann said...

Sally, I do hope the headaches have eased some. Both Summer Afternoon and Peachy Biscornu are beautiful!!

Michele said...

love your wips! I do admire you being on the stash wagon .. not an easy time with Market .. there are really some nice designs out there! Hope the headaches get better :)

Nancy in IL said...

Sally, I'm sooo sorry to hear of your headaches---could be related to your depression, or maybe that has lifted some---but still....
The biscornu is lovely (I have the stuff to try one), and I really, really love your Chateine in progress. Your stitching is always a joy to see!