Friday 8 December 2006

Decisions and Such!

I have been thinking about the things I am currently stitching and things I want to stitch today. I have now decided not to start anything else until I have finished the following items:
  • Little House Needleworks The Counting House
  • Just Nan Barnabee's Quest
  • San Man Originals Dream a Little Dream
As I am intent on starting the Chatelaine Christmas Mystery IV as soon as I get the first part I will have to finish all of these by Christmas Day! Luckily I do not have too much to do on any of these so I might just make it! I think the one that will take the most time is Barnabee's Quest as once I've finished the stitching I have to sew all the beads on around the border. This is the worst of having several pieces on the go and having a rotation- I just don't finish as much as I usually do! LOL!
I had a little bit of stitching post this morning. I received the Rainbow Gallery Petite Braids I ordered from Shirley at Country Cottage for the Christmas Mystery. I am hoping for more stitchy post next week with the two charts I ordered from Needlecraft Corner although I have not had a reply from Drema about it as yet.
I had a lovely surprise today. My late mother-in-law's best friend came with an early birthday card and present for me, this gorgeous pot Mum plant .
I wrapped up most of the Christmas presents I had left to wrap this morning. I still have one to get yet to add to something else as well as a couple of birthday presents to buy! My cousin, Annette, was born on my 7th birthday and I always like to get her a small gift. I will have to have a walk to Freeport tomorrow or maybe have a look at the shops in town and see what I can find!














6 comments:

Claire said...

Rainbow Gallery thread as promised has arrived - so will get this in the post to you hopefully tomorrow, if not it will be Monday.

I know how you feel about decisions - I am known to be a bad decision maker!! LOL

Hugs
Claire
X

Edda said...

Hi Sally.

Thanks for your visit to my blog. Nice seeing you there. I noticed that you are doing the Christmas Mystery IV at Chatelaine, I´ve decided to take the plunge and do it too. Can´t wait for it to start. I´ve only stitched a little with silk and beads, etc. but am eager to try. I´m sure it will be a lot of fun too.

All the best,
Edda in Iceland

Happy birthday to you!!

Anonymous said...

Your finishes are very nice! That's what I need to do ... take all my fabrics & finishes to the basement & sit at the sewing machine. Yep, someday soon ... *lol*
I read your post in Kim's blog about "Quilt Time Sampler". Would you like my pattern, after I finish mine?

Mary Ann said...

Sally, I can't wait to start seeing your WIP pictures of Chatelaine Christmas Mystery IV!!!

Anonymous said...

good to hear from you anytime Sally ... I see it's your b/day soon ,wishing you a very happy one ,and a great day of celebration !
thanks for the driving congrats ...it still feels odd to be able to drive alone ...lol..after being so ill during & after taking it :-(
hope you are in better health yourself by now and able to keep warm with all the wind & rain we have had around here lately.

you sure keep busy on the sewing,and a new machine too :-)

*blessings*
sandra

Karen said...

I hope you have a great Birthday Sally