Sunday 10 December 2006

The Counting House

Yay another finish for me and one of my goals for finishing before Christmas too! LOL! I put the last stitches into Little House Needleworks The Counting House last night after having to unpick the bottom border as I'd made a boo boo! I did make one on the top border too but decided to make the bottom border the same. Guess it makes it unique! I stitched this on 32 count Polstitches Dragon Shades Blue Moon using DMC, GAST and Crescent Colours. I really love this design. Not sure how I'm going to finish it as yet. I think I might have it framed and hang it with Lavender Hill. Now I just have two more things to finish before I can start something else. Once I'd done on The Counting House I picked up Just Nan Barnabee's Quest and stitched a bit on that. I'll be picking it up again later in the hope of getting that finished over the next few days!

After stitching San Man Originals The Perfect Tree months ago I decided it was itme I sewed it up so that I could get it on display for Christmas. I've just finished it as a simple pillow for quickness but I like it and it is now hanging from a picture in my dining room. Sandy of San Man Originals kindly sent me the button pack for this. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Sandy. The picture isn't perfect I'm afraid. One day I will master this digital camera! LOL! This was stitched using three strands of DMC over two on 18 count fabric.


I finally heard from Drema yesterday and my birthday order will be on it's way this next week so I will have some nice stash mail! LOL! Next year things are definitely going to have to be different with not so much stash shopping unless it's fabric and threads I need to stitch something. I have more than enough charts to keep me going over the next year ( and many more!) so it won't hurt not to buy so many. HAED are having a sale at the moment and I haven't even ordered from them although the temptation is there to get the one and only one I have on my wish list, but I figure there'll be other sales for me to buy it!

DH is stranded at work at the moment! Looks like plans to go to the market later are thwarted! So typical that he rarely works weekends then when he does he ends up stuck there!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the Counting House Sally!
The fabric is perfect and your stitching is beautiful.
I think it will look lovely displayed alongside Lavender Hill.
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the stitching finish of The Counting House!! The pillow looks great - how about if I just send you all of my to-do finishing, so I can keep stitching? *lol*

Claire said...

Love Counting House - congratulations on your finish. Love Perfect Tree - it look great made up into a pillow.

Hugs
Claire

Karen said...

2 more super finishes Sally well done

Mary Ann said...

Sally, both finishes are wonderful--I love them!

Michele said...

woo hoo! nice finish Sally .. and that pillow is soo cute :)

Unknown said...

Well done on your finishes Sally. I must see if I can muster up the energy to get the teacher ornament stitched up today.

Susimac said...

Counting house is lovely I love your fabric. I really love the perfect tree, it suits my sense of hunour.